In recognition of World mental health day, Sunday 10 October, we’re having an encore stage of the Hope Cycle. You don’t need to enter or donate, just come for a ride with us, this is a free event.
In recognition of all of those people doing it tough, we’re tackling the toughest stage from the Tour, the fearsome Mt Wellington/Kunanyi.
This beast is an HC climb, with 1300m+ of climbing.
As a special treat, we’ll be running a zoom alongside this event with a series of special guests, as we ride the stage together. Feel free to drop in and watch, or ride along with us.
About World Mental Health Day
Lockdowns, social distancing requirements, travel restrictions, and the constantly changing position we find ourselves in is stressful. This makes prioritising our mental health and wellbeing more important than ever.
Good mental health is when we can cope with the stressors of our daily lives, participate in loving relationships, contribute to our community, and work towards our goals. Everyone has mental health. And we can all benefit from looking after our own mental health and the mental health of our communities.
This World Mental Health Day – October 10 – the message is simple: “Look after your mental health, Australia.”
TIPS FOR YOUR RIDE
We want you to have the BEST ride possible, so here’s our quick checklist to make sure it goes off without a hitch.
- Download the ride ahead of time
- Only ride the route from the ride channel pictured below
- If you’re joining us on Zoom, make sure you run zoom on a seperate device.
- It’s a tough ride, make sure you’re stocked up with plenty to drink and snacks.
- Have fun!
- ???????? 6am (AEDT) Sunday 10 October
- ???????? 4am (JST) Sunday 10 October
- ???????? 8pm (BST) Saturday 9 October
- ???????? 9pm (SAST) Saturday 9 October
- ???????? 9pm (CEST) Saturday 9 October
- ???????? 3pm (EDT) Saturday 9 October
- ???????? 12 noon (PDT) Saturday 9 October