- This event has passed.
French Tour 2021
26 June - 18 July
Join us for the 2021 French Tour on FulGaz!
Join us for the 2021 FulGaz French Tour and raise much needed funds for World Bicycle Relief
Due to popular demand, the FulGaz French Tour is back! A fresh route for 2021, will see riders travel through some rolling and flat countryside in and around France, whilst also tackling some of most iconic climbs like the Galibier, Mont Ventoux, Luz Ardiden and Alpe D’Huez! You can tackle the challenge solo or in a team of up to 4 riders, riding in ‘relay’.
Having a bike is probably something we are all guilty of taking for granted, so we challenge you to dig deep, as well as encourage family and friends to donate to World Bicycle Relief throughout this years tour.
As with all of our FulGaz ‘Grand Tours’ it’s not about who wins, but crossing the finish line, having fun and raising funds. If you push yourself out of your comfort zone, then consider that a bonus. Along the way we will be hosting some fun ZOOM calls with special guests and awarding prizes. The event itself will be held at the same time as that ‘other’ bike race in France, so here is your chance to ride some of the same courses as the pro’s!
Riders will need to complete all 21 stages (in a relay as a team or solo) in three weeks to be classified as finishers. We anticipate each stage will take approximately 60-90mins to complete depending on your riding ability.
Prizes will be awarded along the way for all sorts of acheivements so make sure you follow FULGAZ on Facebook to keep up to date with all of the fun, or better yet join our FulGaz Riders Group Page here. Remember this isn’t about crossing the line first, it’s about enjoying yourself along the way.
We are working hard to film some new rides in France to include in the 2021 French Tour and as a result will publish the fully confirmed route 4 weeks out from event day.
There will be a good mix of flat (ish) rides, rolling hills and mountains, we can confirm the following rides (in no particular order) will be included.
- Monaco GP Circuit (Monaco) – 26.10km / 340m elevation
- 2021 Road World Championship Course (Belgium) – 14.46km / 152m elevation
- Geraardsbergen to Leburg (Belgium) – 20.93km / 297m elevation
- Villard Notre-Dam (France) – 7.34km / 780m elevation
- Villages en Provence (France) – 45.69km / 733 elevation
- Alpe D’Huez 2020 (France) – 12.89km / 1037m elevation
- Col du Galibier from Col du Lautaret (France) – 17.98km / 1218m elevation
- Mont Ventoux from Sault (France) – 25.55km / 1157m elevation
- Artignosc Verdon (France) – 25.07km / 470m elevation
- Luz Ardiden 2019 (France) – 13.48km / 1030m elevation