FulGaz is designed to leverage the full features of Tacx Vortex, Bushido and NEO smart trainers for an ultra-realistic ride experience. The video speed and trainer resistance will adjust to the route and your effort.
- Download the FulGaz app from the App Store.
- Create your FulGaz account.
- Connect FulGaz to your trainer. See tips below.
- Choose your ride.
- Get cranking!
Tips for Vortex, Bushido and NEO smart trainers
Connect Using Bluetooth
Even though ANT+ FE-C is managing the “smart” interactivity, FulGaz connects to your trainer using Bluetooth Smart. Your Tacx Trainer will send power and cadence to FulGaz. Using Bluetooth to connect eliminates the need for an ANT+ dongle and allows you to use HDMI TV out.
What if FulGaz can’t see your Tacx trainer
This can happen for three reasons:
- Another app has paired with your KICKR, preventing the connection. Quit all apps on nearby computers, iPads or iPhones that may have paired with your trainer.
- Your iPad is too old and may not be able to connect to your trainer via Bluetooth. Sorry, there is no fix for this because ANT+ won’t allow FulGaz to vary ride resistance automatically.
- You need to update your Tacx firmware. See below.
Make sure your firmware is up to date
If you are having connection issues, your firmware may need updating. Download the Tacx Utility app to check if your firmware needs updating.
Still too easy or too hard?
You can fine tune the trainer feel in FulGaz using the advanced trainer settings. You have two options slope scaling and adding a maximum slope. With slope scaling the feel of all the gradients is reduced by the percentage. So for example, setting slope scaling to 50% will make every gradient feel half as hard as it did before.
As the name suggests, maximum slope lets you set the steepest slope FulGaz will send to the trainer. This is particularly useful for “wheel on” trainers where the rear tyre will slip beyond a certain amount of resistance.
Other Tacx “smart” trainers
Please note the Bushido, Vortex, Flow, Genius and Neo trainers allow FulGaz to adjust ride resistance automatically. The Satori “smart” trainer uses a lever to control resistance and therefore isn’t interactive. You can use these trainers with FulGaz, but you won’t get the same road feel.
Try a hilly ride
To really appreciate FulGaz and what it can do, try some hilly rides such as Tomalis Bay (Easy) and Marin Headlands (Hilly). For a bigger challenge, try the Puerto Morcurea from the Vuelta.